Hi it’s Sarah. Sharing the latest technology advancements from Hunter Douglass. Pretty Cool!!!
As always, I’ve got you covered………………
Duette Fabric: Elan® Color: Black Onyx
Hunter Douglas Launches Revolutionary Blackout Technology with Duette® LightLock™ System
PEARL RIVER, NY (November 7, 2018)—Hunter Douglas, the world’s leading manufacturer of custom window treatments, announced today the launch of a revolutionary blackout technology, the Duette® LightLock™ system, carefully engineered to prevent light leakage at the window and create a blissful, 100% room blackout effect for consumers.
Duette Honeycomb Shades with LightLock use unique U-shaped side channels that overlap the front and back of the shades. The secret to the total room darkening lies within the patent-pending side channel design, which features rows of specially shaped micro-ridges, optimized to absorb or deflect all incoming light while preventing the light from seeping into the room.
The LightLock channels are available in three sleek finishes—Aspen White, Gardenia White and Bronze—which allow them to perfectly blend into the window frame, coordinating with any design aesthetic. The LightLock system is available in all ¾” Duette fabrics with a wide selection of fabric colors. The system is compatible with Hunter Douglas PowerView®Motorization for easy control of shades via the PowerView App or with voice-activation through Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.
Duette with LightLock provides homeowners with 100% total darkness for improved sleep, the perfect movie-watching environment, as well as insulation at the window to control heat and save on energy bills.
For more information. don’t hesitate to give me a call at 508-255-6221
The One Behind the Shades
Sarah Blackwell Window Treatments Offers:
– Blinds – Shades
– Cornices – Shutters
– Draperies – Swags
– Jabots – Valances
Why Pay 20% More?
I am able to bring the show room directly to you without additional in-home design fees, installation charges or inflated shipping and handling charges often tacked on by on-line dealers. These hidden costs can add up to 20% or more than shopping locally.
I am a Hunter Douglas Master Installer with more than 30 years experience in the custom window treatment industry. My customer service, exact fittings and attention to detail have established my reputation on Cape Cod.
I am a member of the Nauset Rotary Club, a 30-year member of the Eastham Chamber of Commerce, a long term Nauset School Board member and product/service donator to Habitat for Humanity.
The One Behind The Shades,
Broken and Damaged Blinds
Having enjoyed all the Summer fun here on Cape Cod, before you know it, we will be closing our homes for the Winter. Whether your home is rented during the season or you live here for the season, there are a few quick items to check that will make your Spring time house opening go smoothly.
After a long Summer of renters, visitors, family and friends your home may have experienced some wear and tear. A quick and easy item to add to your checklist are your window treatments. So many of us close our homes only to discover broken or worn window treatments when we open in the Spring causing an emergency call to a professional, only to remember, it’s the busy season and getting an appointment to repair/replace your shades, blinds and curtains is difficult. This causes stress because oh yea, renters, visitors, family and friends are arriving this weekend!!!! Help!!
Reduce this stress by taking a few minutes to check all your window treatments. If in fact you are in need of repair or replacements, you can schedule an appointment well before you return to all the Summer fun!!
Thank you for your support over these past 30 plus years! Enjoy this wonderful end to the Summer and please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Certified and Trained Professional Installer
The one behind the Shades,
5 Tips for Window Treatment Care
Window treatments can highlight the beauty home or have the opposite effect. Today I will provide 5 tips for caring for your shades and drapes.
- Follow ALL the instructions (no extra parts)
- Proper fit; choose the right product for your specific window
- Consult with a certified and trained window treatment professional
Do’s and Don’ts
- Don’t allow other service people to remove blinds (painters, cleaners, carpenters, etc.,)
- Don’t buy via the Internet. No service, no returns, no warranties.
- Do purchase from a local certified and trained professional
- According to Steve Lam, owner of The Furies Cleaning Service thefuriesonline.com “the single biggest aspect of cleaning window treatments is to be careful”. He also states, “Don’t pull on the cords or apply too much pressure on the treatments for fear they will be pulled off the wall. As well, make sure the cleaning materials won’t damage your treatments”
- Consult with a local cleaning professional
Repair and Warranties
- Internet service will not repair your treatment
- Read the fine print on all products
- Understand who will do the work. Manufacturer? Installation professional? Contractor?
- If your selling your house, new window treatments can take your homes appearance to the next level
- When buying a new home, factor window treatments into the overall cost.
- Keep your home up to date by replacing window treatments every five years