Hi it’s Sarah. Sharing the latest technology advancements from Hunter Douglass. Pretty Cool!!!
As always, I’ve got you covered………………
Duette Fabric: Elan® Color: Black Onyx
Hunter Douglas Launches Revolutionary Blackout Technology with Duette® LightLock™ System
PEARL RIVER, NY (November 7, 2018)—Hunter Douglas, the world’s leading manufacturer of custom window treatments, announced today the launch of a revolutionary blackout technology, the Duette® LightLock™ system, carefully engineered to prevent light leakage at the window and create a blissful, 100% room blackout effect for consumers.
Duette Honeycomb Shades with LightLock use unique U-shaped side channels that overlap the front and back of the shades. The secret to the total room darkening lies within the patent-pending side channel design, which features rows of specially shaped micro-ridges, optimized to absorb or deflect all incoming light while preventing the light from seeping into the room.
The LightLock channels are available in three sleek finishes—Aspen White, Gardenia White and Bronze—which allow them to perfectly blend into the window frame, coordinating with any design aesthetic. The LightLock system is available in all ¾” Duette fabrics with a wide selection of fabric colors. The system is compatible with Hunter Douglas PowerView®Motorization for easy control of shades via the PowerView App or with voice-activation through Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.
Duette with LightLock provides homeowners with 100% total darkness for improved sleep, the perfect movie-watching environment, as well as insulation at the window to control heat and save on energy bills.
For more information. don’t hesitate to give me a call at 508-255-6221
The One Behind the Shades
5 Tips for Window Treatment Care
Window treatments can highlight the beauty home or have the opposite effect. Today I will provide 5 tips for caring for your shades and drapes.
- Follow ALL the instructions (no extra parts)
- Proper fit; choose the right product for your specific window
- Consult with a certified and trained window treatment professional
Do’s and Don’ts
- Don’t allow other service people to remove blinds (painters, cleaners, carpenters, etc.,)
- Don’t buy via the Internet. No service, no returns, no warranties.
- Do purchase from a local certified and trained professional
- According to Steve Lam, owner of The Furies Cleaning Service thefuriesonline.com “the single biggest aspect of cleaning window treatments is to be careful”. He also states, “Don’t pull on the cords or apply too much pressure on the treatments for fear they will be pulled off the wall. As well, make sure the cleaning materials won’t damage your treatments”
- Consult with a local cleaning professional
Repair and Warranties
- Internet service will not repair your treatment
- Read the fine print on all products
- Understand who will do the work. Manufacturer? Installation professional? Contractor?
- If your selling your house, new window treatments can take your homes appearance to the next level
- When buying a new home, factor window treatments into the overall cost.
- Keep your home up to date by replacing window treatments every five years